Thursday, November 02, 2006
Via Territorial Bloggings comes this quiz. It's way off.


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Midland

The South

The Northeast

The Inland North

Boston

The West

North Central

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


Wrong. Way, way, way wrong.

I speak "Californian" through and through. Like, totally.

UPDATE: OK, so I took it again, but this time I turned off my "professionaly-trained Opera Singer" diction filter, and came up with these results:


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West

The Inland North

The South

Philadelphia

Boston

North Central

The Northeast

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


Closer, but still incorrect, since I do not believe that the capital of our country is Worshington, D.C., and I do not "worsh" my dirty clothes.
 
posted by Kepler at 15:28 |


5 Comments:


At 11/02/2006 06:14:00 PM, Blogger solarblogger

I got West. Almost everything sounds the same.

I know. You don't worsh your dirty clothes. You let your wife worsh them for you. Yew mail showvinist pihg.

 

At 11/03/2006 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Maria

I got midwest. That is, once I started thinking about how I actually say the words, and not how I would pronounce them in choir...

 

At 11/09/2006 09:28:00 AM, Blogger David

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

At 11/09/2006 09:37:00 AM, Blogger David

Ooops....too many browsers open at one time. Sorry for the deletion. The accent quiz has me pegged...Inland North and I grew up in Michigan.

 

At 11/09/2006 09:46:00 AM, Blogger Kepler

Rick - You just had to air my dirty laundry!

Mel - Haven't heard from you in a while. how's school? And to answer your Q from CF: the kid is great. Don't spend much time there anymore, I just pop in now and again to see what new heresy has popped up and give Ed a healthy dose of sarcasm.

Dave - Thanks for dropping by, no worries about deletions. "Too many browsers" Heh. Sounds like me!

 


Track with co.mments