Wednesday, November 01, 2006
I have an annoying habit (one of many!) of making a comment on someone's blog, and then either (a) forgetting that I commented, or (b) remembering that I made a comment, but not remembering where I made the comment.

Problem solved. I highly recommend going to co.mments.com and signing up for their service. It's free. It's simple. There is even a widget for displaying the conversations you are currently following on the sidebar of your own blog.

There is also a snippet of code that you can insert in your own blog's template so that if a person wants to, they can just click on the link, and they automatically subscribe to the comments of that particular post. (See the orange button at the bottom of this post!)
 
posted by Kepler at 15:37 |


4 Comments:


At 11/01/2006 04:01:00 PM, Blogger Dixie

Kep...do those co.Mments links work in IE too or just Firefox? I have co.Mments on my home computer but I use IE and invariably forget to click on the co.Mments button before I post--something that doesn't need to be done with Firefox, I understand. I suppose I should quit acting my age and deal with a little change by moving over to Firefox but...I used to be Lutheran, now I am Orthodox...change can be traumatic for the likes of me! ;)

 

At 11/01/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Kepler

Sorry, Dix, I don't use IE (I'm convinced Microsoft is run by Calvinists! Word is inherently manichaean: always acting as if it knows what I want to do better than I do. Aaaargh!) so I can't help you. It's pretty seamless in Firefox, though.

You just add a bookmarklet to your bookmarks (I put on the toolbar). If someone has it written into their blog, I would just use that, but I haven't yet seen anyone with it installed, so I've never used it that way.

 

At 11/01/2006 05:31:00 PM, Blogger Dixie

Duh! Not only am I old and resistant to change...I am an idiot. (BTW...being old I remember the days when everyone had a different software package for word processing and we could not open each other's files. Because of the pain of living through the infancy of computing...I appreciate what Microsoft did in standardizing things. I know, blasphemy!) I have co.comment...not this software. I will have to look into this. Thanks for posting it.

 

At 11/02/2006 09:01:00 AM, Blogger Kepler

Dixie, what gives with your ISP? Are you in France right now?

 


Track with co.mments