Friday, April 21, 2006
So, having witnessed all the "comment wars" on other blogs, I have decided to mediate comments. Not that I'm expecting all that many...but better to play it safe. People who leave comments may notice a delay before it gets posted, but have no worries. Sean's comment, for instance, finallt showed up today, even though he left it yesterday. I'll try to be quicker, and I'm probably going to establis an email account for just for the blog comments, which means I won't have to sift through all the offers for the latest hot stock, p-n-s enlargement pill, etc., and potentially miss someone's otherwise brilliant comment.

Bear with me; I still have no idea what I'm doing.

UPDATE: Comments modding temporarily off. If things get dicey, maybe then I'll use it.
 
posted by Kepler at 13:32 |


6 Comments:


At 4/24/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Orycteropus Afer

Hey, Kepler. Welcome to our world.

Bear with me; I still have no idea what I'm doing.

The blog-only email account is good. You'll still get spam, but it'll be localized. I use the word verification but don't moderate. I just delete spammy or viciously unchristian posts.

As for other things, if you haven't read my suggestions (2 separate posts) for Lutheran bloggers, they're in the sidebar of Aardvark Alley. As noted, I'll send my blogroll to whomever desires it. If you promise to keep posting, I'll add you to my blogroll and give you props in a post for no extra charge.

 

At 4/25/2006 09:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm glad to see another NC Confessional Lutheran Blogger. Welcome to the club!

 

At 4/26/2006 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Kepler

Thanks for the help, gentlemen. (an orycteropus is a gentleman, right?)

 

At 4/26/2006 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Paul Gregory Alms

Looks promising, this blog.

NC, beer, punk music and confessional Lutheranism.

I share in all!

Nice start, Mr, Tarheel. Look forward to more.

Alms

 

At 4/26/2006 03:33:00 PM, Blogger ghp

A confessional lutheran in NC? Why, that's about as rare as a non-Jersey native at Duke! ;^)

Seriously, it's good to see/hear/read another confessional voice eminating from the SED -- that's something that was far too rare during my 12 yrs in NC (6 in Chapel Hill & 6 in Winston-Salem).

Welcome to the confessional lutheran blogosphere, Kepler!

-ghp
(the Territorial Blogger)

 

At 4/29/2006 11:57:00 AM, Blogger solarblogger

Hey Eric,

Nice blog. I'll go ahead and give you a link. Please do continue posting, though, (unlike so many of my other friends whose blogs I link to early on).


Rick Ritchie

 


Track with co.mments