Thursday, April 20, 2006
This is an inital post, just to get the blog going...sort of "priming the pump" so to speak. Things that might come up on this blog are (in no particular order!):

Brewing Beer
Science and Faith
Crypto-Baptists in the Lutheran Church
Classical Music or Punk Rock, depending on my mood.
Historical issues

Under "Brewing Beer", I might post an occasional recipe, especially if it's good. I also might solicit advice from other brewers.

Under "science and faith", I am sure that I will be taking issue with people who uncritically ascribe to the strange and novel ideas put forth by such groups as Answers in Genesis.

Under "crypto-Baptists"...well, for the most part, see above.

Under "music"...as soon as I figure it out, I will try to get one of those side-bar thingies that says something like, "What I'm listening to today". Until then...

Given some time, I will also develop a "blogroll".

I will warn anyone reading this that I am terrible typist, but I will always correct errors as I see them.
 
posted by Kepler at 14:10 |


4 Comments:


At 4/20/2006 04:07:00 PM, Blogger Maria

Blogrolls, bleh. They're useful things, but I hate updating them.

 

At 4/20/2006 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Sean

Don't develop a blogroll, shamelessly steal Pr. Aardvark's!

Welcome to the Lutheran Blogosphere. Teach me the ways of thy beer brewing!

 

At 4/21/2006 01:26:00 PM, Blogger Kepler

Hello, Sean. I understand you, like Maria, are an Organist? Good.

As for brewing, Although I've been doing it for about 5 years now, and have had mostly good luck, it is -- nevertheless -- luck. Only with my last batch have I begun making notes as to what I did at what point, and what the conditions were, etc. So, if my lager (my first lager!) turns out OK, I will publish the recipe, and give some comments on the taste. That's the best I can do for now. The mail order biz is still but a pipe-dream.

Cheers!

Kepler

 

At 4/29/2006 12:08:00 PM, Blogger solarblogger

Other readers, take note! This man has great taste in music, especially classical.

Last night a friend's mom had a birthday and I gave her a recording Kepler first introduced me to. It was Walton's Belshazzar's Feast and Bernstein's Chichester Psalms (and Missa Brevis). It's amazing to hear Scripture set to music by truly modern composers who yet believe in melody.

 


Track with co.mments